Sunday 10 March 2013

Day 5: Sweet town Bergama

Bergama was known as Pergamon, a small city at Izmir Province at western Turkey. We reached this small town at night and I had my perfect sleep on a bed with a warmer attached to it.. So comfy and .. warm.. hahahaha ..

We woke up and ready to explore the town by 8am. I did bumped to Adryn and say hi to him before we left.. Had breakfast in one of the restaurant and had my fav lethil soup in one of the small restaurant..
Small and peaceful Bergama Town
Breakfast - Lovely lethil soup
Then, using our GPS, we walked to Pergamon also known as Bergama Akropolis ..
The Traianeum (Temple of Trajan) on the Acropolis of Pergamum.
The Traianeum (Temple of Trajan) on the Acropolis of Pergamum.
Acropolis of Pergamum
Pergamum's dramatic theater.
At west side of the area, carved into the steep hillside, is the dramatic Hellenistic theater. Like most Hellenic and Hellenistic theaters, it offered a scenic panorama just in case the play was boring. :)

Note 1:
I know this will happen.. I started to loose the passion in writing about my journey, and I will end up just uploading photos instead of blog .. hahahahahahaa..

Note 2:
I like this town because of Athena Pension and it's simplicity ..

Note 3: I like the sceneryf from the cable car too..
Cost 10lira for the cable car .. and another 20 lira for the entrance to the Akropolis City.
Note 4: Buy souvenirs at the entrance of Akropolis... It's really really cheap!!!! you can never get cheaper than this.. bargain as low as you can.. especially if you're a girl / woman.. hehehehe.. they love the ladies..
I got a very good price for the shawls here.. and you see the Turkish bookmark on the lower right corner.. it cost 7 for 5 lira.. other places 1 for 1 lira.. so just grab it here!! 
I don't really asked for the price of this rug, but in Istanbul, it cost almost 700lira..  so if you want this, please ask in Bergama.. you might get cheapest price.. :)
Note 5: sleepy now.. want to go to sleep.. esok kerja .. huhuuhuuuhuuu

No comments:

Post a Comment