Sunday 23 December 2012

Run a little, Eat a Lot!!!!

How's my blog title? Do you find it funny?? it does for me.. hahahaa
because we did run just 10km, but we ate like 10kg of food.. hahahahhaa (again).. hahahaaa

Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM) had been our yearly event for 2 years now. We started join the event in 2011, and repeat the race this year.. but actually, we did it as a friend's vacation rather than for the run. As Penang is so famous with its food, and myself, stayed in Penang for more than 5 years, made me always want to come back to this state .. just to go down the memories lane, and at the same time, enjoying the cheap but yummy food..

So the journey starts with a stop @Kuala Sepetang for its Mee Udang ..
Ordered Fried Rice, and orange juice.

They have Wireless Village provided by the government

Mak Jah Mee Udang
In term of the taste, I think I like Mee Udang Penang better. I think their Mee Udang were made earlier and just wait for people to order.. so it's not as fresh as I want it to be.. but it's famous, so I believe it depends on your preferences..

Next I went to Penang and of course, I have to get my all-time favorite, Ayu Mee Udang ..
Forgot how much it cost, but around RM12 per person
 I always love Ayu Mee Udang.. it's tasty and sweet.. i know sometimes your taste might be different than me, so don't blame me if you tried this and didn't agree with me.. hahahaa.. another thing, I believe why i love this place also because of the memories it bring together.. this was the place I spent time with my friends while i'm in Penang.. we always hang out and come here for our mee udang.. so, that's another reason why it taste better than other place.. ;)
Of all the mee udang available, i still love Ayu's the most..
Ayu Mee Udang is located at Gertak Sanggul, Penang. How to get there: go to Batu Uban after Bayan Lepas and then you can see a signboard Gertak Sanggul on your left.. take that turn, then go straight, take the second junction on your right, and take another right turn just after that.. you can see Ayu Mee Udang by now..

Sany Char Koey Teow
 Next one, of course, my favourite Char Koey Teow and the one I love is Sany Char Koey Teow in Tokong Ular, Bayan Lepas.. just before the airport.. love this.. ;)
 

Penang Char Koey Teow.. looks yummy isn't it?
When I stayed in Penang last 10 yrs, Sani Char Koey Teow always been a place we hang out to have our nice fried noodle.. but there was another place near Sunshine Square that I used to go.. but I'm not sure if it's still open or not now..
Laksa Teluk Bahang
Kelapa Madu.. you have to try this with the lovely Laksa

Laksa Teluk Bahang
Lastly, before we went back to KL, we stopped by at Teluk Bahang, to get our Laksa .. how to get there, hmmmm .. go straight to Batu Feringghi.. until you reached Hard Rock Cafe, Penang.. go further up until you see a shop under a big tree.. it's in front of Tropical Spice Garden..



I think I  write long enough for this time.. just before I end this, I would like to tell about another place I discovered with my mom in Parit Buntar.. 1Malaysia Shop .. the menu is simple, but I love it because of its simplicity.. nice place to have lunch!!

I let the picture do the talking because it's late and i'm sleepy.. take care and see you again later..

Ikan keli masak ranum.. hehehehe

Talapia Goreng

The location..

No comments:

Post a Comment