Thursday 28 February 2013

Bangkok .. continue...

I'm still in Bangkok at the time I'm writing this.. but I've move to a different hotel called The Asia Hotel. It's located near to Ratchathewi BTS station (I like to call it Rathathouuiii, like the mouse movie).. hehehe.. actually it's connected to the station.. so if you come to Bangkok and looking for a convenient hotel for tranportation, I would recommend this hotel.. It's connected to the station, easy to move around.. it has a Halal food restaurant nearby, Kak Yah Restaurant and also a few cheap Thai message around.. so it's a good deal.. the rate: we got 1500Baht per night via Summer promotion they had in Agoda.com. Look around few websites like Booking.com or any other you know, you may get a good rate.. no wifi as complimentary, you need to purchase for 200baht per hour or 700baht per day.

If you're a little tight on budget, you may want to check Lub*d near Siam Center.. it's a hostel type and heard that it's a good one.. clean and the staff are friendly.. but I didn't had a chance to go there.. I only heard hear-say..

Anyway, no seminar today. So me and my colleague took the chance to go shopping.. She just came to Bangkok for shopping and she did not registered for the seminar. She used to Bangkok and showed me all the places for shopping including Platinum (which I was meroyan yesterday).. hahahaha.. however, I was still not recovered from yesterday's craziness and a bit scared looking at my purse and it's getting thinner.. so I decided not to do too much shopping today as I wanted to experience Chattuchak, the famous weekend market in Bangkok.

We decided to go to Jim Thompson factory outlet as she need to get a shirt for her husband. I didn't plan to get anything (yet).. hahahaha.. so we bought a 1 day pass for 130baht, which save us few baht because it will cost slightly more than what we payed for.

With regards to the 1 day pass, you can take up to 130 times on and off the train.. end up you only paid 1baht for every trip.. but of course you were unable to use all 130 times.. so you finally gave up and just don't use the rest.. but I think it still worth the price you paid for compared to buy a ticket everytime you take a train..

Back to our trip to Jim Thompson, took the BTS train to Bang Chak station. Use the Exit no 5 and walk further until you reached a junction. Turn right, and go down the stairs. Walk until you see 7-eleven, and turn right. Just walk for about 5 minutes and you can see Jim Thompson's Factory Outlet.

We spend time at the FO for around 1 hour. I got myself a wrislet to replace my previous Coach wrislet that was stolen. Fair price I believe.

Then we decided to take a look at Chatuchak market as the hotel manager said that it's open starting today. As there are also a muslim restaurant at the market, we decided to have lunch there. However, once we reached the place, it was closed. So we just walked around as there were lots of shop closed, there are some opened. Bought few things that friends ordered.

It was hot, and we were tired.. so we decided to come back to MBK to eat at Yana Restaurant. It's located at the 5th Floor of Tokyu's supermarket.

How to get there:
1. Take a train to National Stadium
2. Walk to Tokyu's supermarket (you can see from the train) - it's connected to the station.
3. Go to 5th Floor using the escalator.
4. You can see Yana Restaurant on your left.

It's a bit expensive .. around 400baht-500baht for 2 person. Ok la actually.

But another friend told me that I can get a cheaper halal food at the food court. So you can go to 5th or 6th floor food court.

On the 6th floor, you can find the same baazar like Platinum. We took another tour at this place, but decided not to buy anything as I plan to go to Chatuchak again tomorrow.

We'll see how tomorrow... :)

Went back to hotel around 5pm. Had dinner at Mak Yah Restaurant around 8pm.. and went to bed after finish writing this blog (in a notepad - no free wifi, remember).. hahahaa

No comments:

Post a Comment