Wednesday 27 February 2013

Journey from Konya - Adana - Alanya - Antalya - Denizli

In the last post, I told you about our trip in Cappadocia and we left this unique town by noon.. it was still early and we reached Konya (next town) just around 1pm.. prefect time for lunch because we didn't eat anything in Cappadocia.. so we stop for lunch at the first shopping mall we find..
I really like this beef + some bread + sour sauce with tomato paste.. and some pickles..  yummy!!!!
After our stomach full with delicious Turkish food.. we set our GPS to Denizli, which suppose to be our next destination for Pamukkale.. It was my turn to drive and the boys straight away went to sleep.. Remember, we only had 3 hours sleep last night and I have slept earlier after going off from Cappadocia, so I was quite ok to drive although I'm not a fan of driving after lunch... anyway, during the journey, which was suppose to be to Denizli in 5 hours, we were a bit excited to reach the place while it still early (probably around 7pm) and we can have proper sleep.. well.. it didn't happened that way.. huhuuhuuu..

Here's what happened, instead of Denizli, the GPS showed us the way to Adana.. we have no idea how it happened and there are no explanations for it.. we just went to the opposite direction.. if you can see from my previous post, it was way out from our original route..

However, along the way, we saw magnificent view though..
Snow mountains
Superb view that we wouldn't have seen if we went straight to Denizli..

We stopped few times to take all these beautiful photos.. it was so beautiful, I didn't feel regret that we were lost.. But I still remember the conversation between me and Najib.. hehehe..

Najib woke up from his beauty sleep and asked: "Why we going to Adana"...

as a driver at that time, i was: "What?? Denizli will be next to Adana, right?"

Najib: "No.. it's totally different direction".. he took the manual map and showed me the exact location of Adana.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I was already thinking of bed earlier after driving for more than 4 hours.. we were supposed to be in Denizli by this time..

Check our GPS, it will took another 10 hours to Denizli.. uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lagi..

Due to the high frustration feeling unable to get a bed tonight, I don't want to drive anymore.. hahahaha.. so Najib continue the journey and after few discussions, we decided to follow different route which took us to Alanya - Antalya - Denizli.. little that we know what's ahead waiting for us... err for Najib actually (because at this time, I slept the whole way.. sorry Najib & Ijam).

Jeng.. jeng.. jeng ...

I didn't really know what happened.. there were few times I was awaken by the voice of 2 singers in the car, singing few songs.. I smiled and went back to sleep.. but there was 1 time I open my eyes and we were on a slippery road, on the hills, lots of cars and it was raining heavily.. I can see both Najib and Ijam were so serious and concentrate on the road, no more songs .. all I can do was "mengucap 2 kalimah syahadah" and went back to sleep.. it was around 1 a.m I think...

I found this image via google.. this was the most dangerous but beautiful route we ever take.. ahahahahaa
Finally we reached Alanya and decided to change the driver.. Ijam volunteered as he said he's ok to drive .. Najib went behind seat and straight away fall asleep.. I accompanied Ijam for a while but in less than an hour, I started to feel sleepy and can't open my eyes.. I told Ijam to stop if he feels tired or sleepy .. and then I was gone.. sleeping.. automatically..

but.. in just split second, I heard a loud "bang" from my side.. actually, less than 5 mins after I fell asleep, Ijam fell asleep too and the car move to the right and hit a lorry .. everyone was in total shocked, especially Ijam as he told me he was thinking about stopping in the next petrol station to sleep, but he fell asleep before he managed to find one..  poor him, he was worrying about it for the whole day but we told him to forget about it because we don't want it to spoil the rest of our journey.. we promised what ever happened, we will share it together by the 3 of us.. (that's why having a great company during traveling is soo important) .. short note: we did enjoyed the rest of our trip and didn't really think about the accident and the money we need to spend on it later.. my MO - duit boleh cari dan tak boleh bawak masuk kubur pun.. hik hik hik..

Note 1: we actually can claim insurance for the car, but one more mistake that we did, we didn't report the case at Alanya police station.. we went to Pamukkale police station and they didn't want to make any report because it was outside their jurisdiction.. we called the owner and he said he will do the report in Istanbul once we are back, but once he saw the car a week later, he said we were supposed to report in Alanya.. so we end up not having any police report and need to pay for the damage.. huhuuuhuhuhu.. so everyone pasrah dan menyerah.. and pay it without further argument.. senang je dengan kitorang nih.. malas nak fikir2 dan susahkan hidup.. life need to move on!!! hik hik hik.. REMEMBER: make police report at the place of your accident .. wait till morning and make that report.. it will save you some money.. our case is lucky because we shared the total damage so the cost is not too bad for 1 person.. :)

Note 2: Never ever ever ever drive if you're sleepy.. this is always my motto because I had few not so good experience during working in graveyard shift last few years.. you can fall asleep in few seconds and you have no control of it.. luckily our damage was not huge.. imagine if it gone worst..

Note 3: it's ok to be lost or change of direction.. you'll get new adventure that you can tell to your grandchildren one day.. or to a blog.. hahahahaa..
The damage..
This handsome policeman bought us breakfast, but no report.. huhuuuhu
That's one of our memorable journey during this road-trip..

More to come.. 

Additional:
I forgot to mention about our snow trip.. around 4 a.m on our way to Denizli, of course after the accident.. I continue to drive because I was fully awake and shocked by the incident.. so I asked Ijam and Najib to sleep.. of course Ijam can't sleep either so he accompanied me driving.. there was one moment that I remember driving in a fog and I thought it was sand .. a few minutes later, I saw a land of whiteness.. again, I thought it was sand.. but as we reached a small village with some road lights, I realized it was snowy .. Subhanallah.. I was so excited and woke Najib to see the snow as well.. again, we stopped for photos and playing with the snow for few minutes before we realized how cold it is and went back into the car.. hehehee ..
Snow coming down..

All covered with snow.. Best giler!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment